Toothpaste in drain

Why is it, toothpaste clings to the inside of my drains?

It's not like anyone brushes their teeth, without "wasting" water. The drains begin to drain slow, then end up stinking.

I was talking to some neighbors, they say they have the same problem.

The drains are nasty, this is pvc pipe. I've cleaned them before, the stench is overwhelming.

Maybe someone is pissing in my drains, I dunno, but its pissing me off.

Reply to
Kyle W.

I had a dental hygentist say toothpaste is purely optional. It is the brush, floss and mouthwash that is important.

Reply to
Phisherman

I'll buy that. My father still believed in toothpast, back in 1954, but he said you didn't need the whole length of the bristle area, like all the tv commercials show it. Just the width was plenty. Oh, yeah, he was a dentist.

Reply to
mm

Maybe they continue to learn things from the dentists they work for.

AFAIK Phish is right. The stannous fluoride is probably valuable for a few years, but I wonder if it matters after a while. Maybe not.

Reply to
mm

That's for sure. If when you spit at the end of brushing there is un-dissolved toothpaste in the sink you are using way too much to start with!

Reply to
Mark