Tool Name????

    hi all, can anyone tell me the trade name of the tool that fits the type of screw that LOOKS like a torqx, but has a small stud in the middle of the head??? have come across this in a couple of parts i'm working on, any info appreciated
pax, h2
It's called a security torx, most larger hardware stores carry them. Google search brings up 100's of sellers.

hi, thanx
wrote:

pax, h2
h2 wrote:

Before spending the money, try to knock the pin out of the screw head. Sometimes, a small screwdriver can do it. Or, a small punch and hammer.
Brian V wrote:

I needed these to repair the ignition on my minivan. It was interesting to me how unsecure they are. Walk into NAPA, ask for a secure torx and five minutes later I'm done..
-- Regards,
Bentley Wolfe Senior Support Engineer, Macromedia Flash Senior Escalation Engineer
Owner, BIKETRIAL MIDWEST Webmaster: http://www.wisconsintrials.org http://www.madisonmotorcycleclub.org http://www.megamousa.com
h2 wrote:

http://beehome.info/sendword.php?st_drive_1
--
Grandpa Koca - SAHD for 6 - Keeper of the Perpetual Kindergarten

My opinion is neither copyrighted nor trademarked. It is price
try these http://www.micro-tools.com/Merchant2/torxt.htm
bill

h2 writes:

You can get a Chinese import hex-drive set of every kind of security bit in history for a few bucks. They're all over eBay.