tool for joining garden hoses

Is there a tool for helping to join (i.e repair) 2 sections of garden hoses. Getting one side of plastic connector into one section is relatively easy but getting the other side into other piece far enough is not.
On Fri, 26 Jul 2013 19:27:19 -0700 (PDT), Frank Thompson

I've never had a problem. Maybe badly made connectors, or one hose is the wrong size? If you have "strength" problem, try lubing the connector with veg oil or silicone lube to make it slide on easier.

Agreed... or soak the obstinate end in hot water. As always, use all appropriate caution, common sense & good judgment.
Erik
On Friday, July 26, 2013 9:27:19 PM UTC-5, Frank Thompson wrote:

I always soak the plastic hose ends in boiling(almost) hot water to really soften them up, then a little vaseline or other lubricant and the hose ends slide on the fitting real easily.
'Frank Thompson[_2_ Wrote: > ;3097862']Is there a tool for helping to join (i.e repair) 2 sections of > garden hoses. Getting one side of plastic connector into one section is > relatively easy but getting the other side into other piece far enough > is not.
Frank: Garden hose typically comes in both 1/2 and 5/8 inch ID sizes. You may be trying to push a 1/2 inch hose onto a 5/8 inch connector.
What I always do whenever pushing fittings into plastic hose is boil a pot of water. Leave the end of the hose in the hot water for 20 to 30 seconds or so, and it'll be soft enough to push over your fitting easily. I've done this with 1 inch plastic water hose, and it works like a charm.
Make sure you have any clamps you intend to use on the joint on the hose before soaking the end of the hose in hot water.
--
nestork

<stuff snipped>

It's like soldering. The most perfect solder joint you'll ever make is one you'll have to break to get the connector sleeve you forgot to slide on the wire back on.
--
Bobby G.

I've done that, with 1/4 phono plugs. And 1/8. Anyone old enough to remember those?
. Christopher A. Young Learn more about Jesus www.lds.org . .