Tool for cutting intermediate sized branches

I have a pair of vise cutters that are good on things up to maybe two inches, and a trimmer for smaller things. I'm trying to avoid getting a chainsaw.
Any tool recommendations for something in between?
--
Stephen
From here to there
snipped-for-privacy@spam.theboulets.net.please wrote:

Stephen Boulet wrote:

A new pruning saw, with "shark" teeth. I cut 3" branches quickly and with no problems with a pruning saw I bought last year (I think it is a Fiskar's), and it makes a very smooth cut. I think maybe it shaves the cut surface as it goes.
I don't remember for sure if it cuts on the pull stroke or the push stroke, but I think it cuts on both.
Best regards, Bob
On Sun, 02 May 2004 13:13:18 -0500, Stephen Boulet

Loppers and a pruning saw is what I use. When I need to take down a tree I use a axe and/or a hatchet. I have over 200 trees on my property, and I have not owned/used a chain saw for over 14 years.
Have you considered a small electric chain saw? No fuss with fuel, light and easy as long as you are within extension cord reach.
Charlie

Stephen Boulet wrote:

Pruning saws are great, and I'm not muscle bound. They make quick work of limbs up to 2".
Mark
Kent, WA
On Sun, 02 May 2004 13:13:18 -0500, Stephen Boulet

A $5 bowsaw works wonders. They are not as hard to use as some people think. I have cut off creosote treated power poles with them already. However, if you are looking to get the job done without exercise, you can buy a bowsaw type blade for a sawsall, they care 10 inches long, but cost about $8 a piece, and snap off at the saw if you are not careful. Someone else mentioned an electric chainsaw. I have one, it works good as long as the chain is kept sharp, but dont force it. I killed the motor on my last one by making it work too hard. Personally, I own at least 7 gas chainsaws. They take up space in my garage, and should be sold at the next garage sale. Those damn things never run when I need them. I have spent a small fortune getting them fixed, I drain the gas when I finish a job, and they still dont work the next time I need one. The same is true of my gas weed whacker. I have a policy. If it's got a 2cycle engine, leave it at the store for someone else to buy and get pissed off at.