Took out the old Furnace

When my Heat Pump was installed a few years ago we just pulled the old fuel oil furnace over to the side. I'm going to make a run to the scrap metal place next week so I decided to take the old furnace too.
I had to take it out of the basement by myself so I decided to disassemble it and remove it piece by piece. It was incredibly easy. I took a bucket in the basement with me to throw all the screws in but the thang only had a hand full of screws holding it together.
The combustion chamber was too heavy for me to lift but I have an outside entrance (Bilco Door) to the basement so I pulled it over to the steps and laid on the steps against a plank and ran a chain out to the yard and hooked it to the garden tractor and pulled that heavy assed thing right up the stairs.
More room in that little ole basement now.
Add pictures here
✖
You sound like a practical fellow who gets results. Are you available to be President of the United States?
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

Well, I am a doit bymyselfer so I'd have to fire everbody else in the fed and bring in you and Red Green to be my brain trust. I wouldn't trust it to anybody else.
Add pictures here
✖
Hmm, Very funny. You call yourself you are Doit Bymyself and what?
Country wrote:

Add pictures here
✖

Hey if I'm going to run the government you have to allow me a few moments of insanity.

Add pictures here
✖
Long as you don't raise taxes, or nuke Galveston. You'll be OK. May I be your veep?
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

Well, if you're gonna be my VP, then how about I just raise everbody else's taxes except yours. (non, nod, wink, wink)

Add pictures here
✖

Government officials have to pay taxes? When did they start that?
Add pictures here
✖
Good story, but how much did a contractor want for the removal?
Add pictures here
✖

That's because nobody is better at fixin' my f-ups than me.
Add pictures here
✖

Fixin' yer own mess is way better than fixin somebody else's.
Add pictures here
✖

Good to hear. I may have to do something like that. Was your furnace gas or oil?

That's a good idea too. Do you think that would work with my gas-powered push mower?

Add pictures here
✖
asked:

Alternative: We had to move a 50-year-old 800 pound cast iron boiler (we weighed when we sold it for scrap)up the wooden basement steps into the garage when I replaced it with a gas boiler last year. Manhandled it to the door, and tilted it over onto the 2 X 12's we used to cover the stairs. Backed an F250 with a heavy duty trailer hitch into the garage. This put the truck perpendicular to the steps axis, about 4' from the steps. Using heavy chain and a chainfall, we then winched it up the stairs until it was on the garage floor. Towed it out of the garage, and tilted it against the bed of the truck. All hands then picked it up and slid it into the bed. Worked for us; YMMV
Add pictures here
✖
Should, if your push mower has a 16 HP engine. And power drive.
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus