Too many Wires! Help with new wall outlet

Page 5 of 5
wrote: [...]

You're probably fighting an uphill battle here, trader. You're entirely correct, and nestork is way off the mark, but you're not going to convince him of that: it sounds to me like nestork is probably an electronics engineer -- and in my experience, most electronics engineers don't understand jack-sh*t about residential electrical wiring.