Too Cold for Mortar?

How cold of weather can I lay bricks? I have a small job I need to get done and I'm wondering if I can still get it done before winter really sets in. Also if I can set the bricks in the day time, how long do they need to dry before they may freeze over night?
Thanks, Bernie
Don't lay bricks (or pour concrete) if you expect sub-freezing weather within a week. Ideally, you would want 30 day's of curing to maximize the mortar's strength, but a 7-10 day cure will result in a high level of curing.
Sub-freezing temperatures stop the curing process, and it won't ever restart.
KB

done
I believe that www.bia.org technical papers say you have to stay above freezing for 24 hours. for mortar.
message

get
sets in.

need to dry

I had a similar need last year and used a product called "Winter Admix." I believe that it was put up by Amstone. It worked well down into the 20's F. Using the old standby, calcium chloride will reduce ultimate strength more than these additives.
I bought this at an Ace Hardware affiliated lumber yard.
RB
Bernie Hunt wrote:

It is done all the time in Canada. Construction never stops for winter.

done
It's done all the time in NYC too, but concrete is heavily "drugged". Additionally, any deck pours or brick laying is weather protected (blankets and tarps) and heated with temporary heat stoves or propane stoves.
-- Best Regards, Dennis J Sunday Home Inspection Systems Www.homeinspectionsystems.com

in.
dry
Visit www.bia.org and check out technical papers

get done