tomorrow (March 12, 2016)

time of year.
That doesn't change anything, nor does it make referring to the "extra hour" of daylight any more sensible.
On Sun, 13 Mar 2016 16:44:13 -0500, SeaNymph

It is just the perception given by getting off work an hour earlier in the summer..
I always had problems with the switch back in the fall because, suddenly you were driving home in the dark.

[snip]

Forgot about your headlights?

No it just occurred to me that I wasted my whole day at work.
After that bothered me long enough, I switched to night shift and always drove home in sunshine, with my whole day ahead of me and watching all of those suckers stuck in traffic on the other side of the road, going to work. DST really became irrelevant to me.
[snip]

I like that plan.
--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.us/
[snip]

This rate of change is highest now (and the corresponding time in about 6 months), but is only about 2 min/day here, a lot less than that imaginary "extra hour".

Having the opposite effect in the morning. Net gain: zero.

I know of a military base in Arizona there they just do things earlier. It works a lot better than those mind games.

That's the ideal, where you never need to know the time. Ever had a doctor's appointment?
--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.us/

They just made an arbitrary day when you change it an hour. That date actually changed adding an extra week or two of DST during the Carter administration and again during the GWB administration.

daylight".

I agree. If the world could handle just having summer hours and winter hours it would be a lot easier.

They call me an hour or so ahead of time. I ask them then what my chances are of actually seeing the doctor when I get there.
On 03/13/2016 12:19 PM, SeaNymph wrote:
[snip]

I do too.

I can be interesting to try to figure out you it would be possible to get a real "extra hour". Effectively impossible (especially for a portion of the planet), and consider the environmental impact.
I checked on the amount of daylight here:
March 12 11:57 March 13 11:59 March 14 12:01
Which shows no evidence of any "extra hour". The 4 minute difference across 2 days is explained by the REAL changes.
At least I DID get my clocks set. DST is good for SOMETHING.
--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.us/
On 3/12/2016 5:35 PM, notX wrote:

Yes, DST is as fricken stupid as putting ethanol in gasoline. Idiots!