Toilets - What's The Latest In Performance

Page 2 of 2
Dick wrote:

Our new house has these low flow toilets. Without going into too much detail, sometimes during an extended sitting they may require a flush halfway through. If you fill it too much it will clog and won't flush at the end. I think these toilets are designed with a single flush for a #1. #2's require a flush and hold to remove everything (or like I said above an intermediate flush). I suppose in the end they do save water.

Is it possible that yours require you to hold the handle down for a #2 to get a full flush? Many are designed this way.
Terry Love's consumer toilet reports A report on low flow water efficient toilets
http://www.terrylove.com/crtoilet.htm
On Sat, 05 Feb 2005 09:14:38 -0700, Dick <LeadWinger> wrote:

Dick wrote:

I thought I would update my last message based on the comments by others listing the American Standard Champion models.
It appears the Champion is a newer model and may be even better than the well known and recommended Cadet line.
The primary difference appears to be the larger 2 3/8" trap in the Champion compared to the very respectable 2" in the Cadet. Based on the specifications and the claims by American Standard, the Champion is the Champion. I will guess it will be more expensive, but I am planning on replacing one of my toilets in the not too distant future and I will try out the Champion.
--
Joseph Meehan

26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math
Just a follow-up to show the results of this thread. We ordered two Toto UltraMax today. Won't get them for a while because the color we wanted is on back order. Thanks everyone for the ideas and recommendations. The reference to the Terry Love website is what finally persuaded us to go with Toto.
Dick
On Sat, 05 Feb 2005 09:14:38 -0700, Dick <LeadWinger> wrote:

Try this site. These are supposed to be the best in toilets, but you pay the price. http://www.totousa.com/toto/totohome.asp Ron
"Dick" <LeadWinger> wrote in message

Thanks Ron. I already ordered the Toto's.
Dick