toilets

     I was thinking of replacing the old 70s toilet with a modern, one piece one. Like to know if there are any opinions on how well different makes flush etc. and which is a good make to choose. Or, of course if there is a good reason not to choose the one piece type.
TIA

The one piece ones start at $159 here - so not a great deal more -
Plenty of choice below and above that, all designed to use far less water per flush than the old one, although I do have a couple of large jars in the tank to lessen the quantity of water. In fact, that was the problem really, too much choice :)
On Tue, 08 Mar 2011 20:23:51 -0800, Smitty Two

Lol, that's another way to look at it !

I liked the caroma so much I bought two of them. Awesome commode.
http://www.caromausa.com/products/index/cu_products29.php

I checked our local Menard's a few months ago, there were more than 40 white-colored toilets on display, God only knows how many more could be special-ordered in various colors.
On Wed, 9 Mar 2011 08:16:28 -0800 (PST), "hr(bob) snipped-for-privacy@att.net"

There is a big selection here too, but I don't recall seeing that one, would have noticed because the striking thing is easy cleaning.

Wow, lovely design, easy clean. I don't think I have seen them here, but will be looking. Thanks.

They are available here, I checked, pricey, but as someone else said, how much does it cost per flush over 20 years lol I am pretty much decided as I think they look great and could not be more simple from the cleaning point of view. Thanks.

I bought new AS Toilets at Home Depot a year ago and they came in two separate boxes, one for the base and one for the tank and they were not banded together.