toilet without vent?

I understand vent is quite important for proper flushing of toilet. Without vent, toilet has problems flushing. In the U.S., you can see vent pipes coming out of roof. Those are shingle roofs. If roof is built with terra cotta tiles, I don't think vent pipes will go through tiles. What is done in this case about vent pipe?
Here in Burma, expensive houses all have terra cotta tiles. I don't see one single pipe coming out of any roof. I wonder if the toilets in the house just don't have vent.
On 7/23/15 10:42 PM, yyy378 wrote:

Go to Google Images at https://www.google.com/imghp
enter tile roof vents
You'll see many examples, some of which are of a "hidden" type.

We have lots of tile roofs here and they all have plumbing vents poked through them. They use a lead boot, hot mopped into the membrane before they set the tile.
On 24/07/2015 11:32, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

Thanks to all those who replied to my question.
There is one thing I forgot to mention. All the toilets here are connected to septic tank, not sewage system. Does that make a difference regarding vent?
On Friday, July 24, 2015 at 10:49:54 PM UTC-4, yyy378 wrote:

vents are necessary even with a septic tank, perhaps more so so the methane sewage gas can escape outside your home
On Friday, July 24, 2015 at 10:56:44 PM UTC-4, bob haller wrote:

1956 built 2 story colonial. Full baths on second floor and in basment. Kitchen sink on first floor, utility sink in the basment.
The only vent is the main stack, no vents at any fixture. Haven't had a vent related problem in the 35 years I've lived here.
Not recommending it, just telling it like it is.
On 25/07/2015 09:26, bob haller wrote:

Yes. But the septic tanks all have their own vents, one or more up-side-down U tube, one end shorter than the other, few inches above the top of the septic tanks. Maybe that is good enough?
yyy378 posted for all of us...

Still need a roof vent, otherwise the goodies MAY get air locked.
--
Tekkie *Please post a follow-up*

On 27/07/2015 01:56, Tekkie® wrote:

get by without a roof vent? Beats me.
In alt.home.repair, on Mon, 27 Jul 2015 15:29:39 +0630, yyy378

Maybe you can ask the owners and see what they say. Or if you see one being built, asl the builders. Of if you see a plumber, ask him. Or if you don't see a plumber, call one. If you call 45 minutes before quitting time, and it's a plumber who has other guys out there doing the work, or if he comes back to the office at the end of the day and he finished early, or if his office is in his home, or if he lists a cell phone and he has time to talk, 45 or 30 minutes before closing is a good time. I called a surveyor's office once to ask a business quesiton, but he ended up talking to me and explaining the whole surveying business, until 5 came and it was time to go home. You have to do it right though to get people to talk. It takes some practice. Details on request.