Toilet water level abnormality

Out of nowhere, the water level in the bowl in one of our toilets is filling to about 3-4 inches below where it used to. It flushes normally and the innards seem to be working fine (though the flap is dropping back down pretty fast, perhaps faster than it used to), but the level of the clean water in the bowl after flushing is noticeably less than before. Not a huge problem, but I'm left wonder why. Any ideas?
Mike

The float probably just needs to be slightly, maybe it moved over time.

I had the same thing for about 4 days, with the toilet I use almost all the time. Then it went back to normal. That was about 3 weeks ago.
It had never happened before that I recall.
Mike wrote:

Obstructed vent pipe?
Mike wrote:

Mike wrote:

slipped out of the pipe and is going directly into the tank instead of in the bowl.