toilet shakes pipe

I have a strange problem that popped up a week or so ago. Now when my toilet stops running (after a flush), I hear a water pipe in the basement shake for a second or two. This does not happen when any sink is used, or the shower, just the toilet. I figure this is bad for the pipes (well connections anyway). Any clue what this is? Why does only the toilet do this?
It is called water hammer, caused by the yoilet fill valve shutting off too fast. Sioux Chief makes a water hammer arrestor, put it on a tee you install in the cold water line near the toilet.
Stretch
grodenhiATgmailDOTcom wrote:

Sounds like water hammer. Lots of possible solutions and causes. If your water pressure has increased, that could be it. Turning down the shutoff to the toilet so it will fill slower, may help as might better securing the water line in question or turning off the water supply and draining your water lines, then turning stuff back on. This sometimes returns the function to anti-hammer devices. You might also want to install a anti-water hammer device as suggested by Stretch.
--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit
On 13 Nov 2005 07:11:34 -0800, "grodenhiATgmailDOTcom"

You really got to take a shit more often. You are overloading the plumbing by waiting so long !!!! :)
It's called water hammer. You probably could use a few expansion stacks, but since its only the toilet, replace the ballcock.