Toilet seat wrench?

???? His posts look fine here, Steve. Using Tbird 3.1.10. Of course, I keep HTML turned off for Usenet. Try doing the same.

Reply to
aemeijers

"aemeijers" wrote

Have clicked "Read all messages in plain text", so hope that clears it up. Apparently, he cannot or will not clear it up on his end.

I get spam posts that have the language side window, and I never read them. But, apparently, mm is now a valid contributor, so I will click into his/her/its posts. But it is irritating to have to do so, and I may be clicking into a spam post, or a malware thing if someone taps into his/her/its account. Whoever it is has posted a lot of hr related items of good quality.

There's just too many damn things on these computers, like cell phones. Just give me one with ten numbers, send, and on/off. Every time I get a new one, I have to be retrained. And we just HAD to get new ones, as our former provider went paws up. No choice.

Steve

Reply to
Steve B

Maybe he got more nookie with the beard. SWMBO would shoot me if I shaved mine. ;-)

Reply to
krw

Preachin' to the choir, brother. In a lot of ways, I liked Usenet better when it was low-order ASCII text based. I could read more messages faster, using an 8086 Kaypro over a 1200 modem, than I can with this pentium 2? gig machine over a 384 DSL connection. And my 5-year-old pre-paid cell phone lives in my briefcase- I only recently found it could do text messages, when I did the weekly power check on it, and found a mis-dialed mash note from one teenager to another.

Reply to
aemeijers

What I'd like to find is a toilet seat like the one I removed from my parents' when they wore the paint off. Every seat I've seen at box stores big and little have had hinges that were flat where they met the toilet, depending on force applied by the fastener to keep them from sliding around.

On their seat, the hinges had a collar that extended into holes on the toilet. The collar had slots on the end and a football shaped nut with tabs rode in those slots, making a wrench unnecessary.

Fake ID

I believe that is true.

Makes sense, but no. The nookie level was exactly the same.

There is nothing worse than grinding up whiskers with an electrric razor and applying the dust to the skin, using the blade as a motor-powered spatula.

As to my face being clean, I guess the oils on my skin ran up the whiskers and that kept my skin cleaner, even if the whiskers were dirtier for parts of the day. Whiskers don't get ppmples.

Plus whatever germs help to cause pimples must have died in the 3 months I had the beard. I should have grown it when I was 14 or 15, instead of when I was 18 or 19. I shaved it off because my roommate offered me a job ushering at graduation and beards were not allowed. It was no big deal to cut it off, and a big surprise that my skin was clear then

Reply to
mm

I don't remember your asking me before.

I didn't think it was anything special. When you post back to me, my previous text still looks fine.

Do all the letters look bad or only some. Which?

I've been reading this group for at least 10 years, but I used to be meirman. Changed to mm to go with my new at the time email address and for a little more anonymity from spammers, etc.

I don't look forward to getting a new cell phone either, or moving to Windows 7. I also hear I'd better buy a used oscilloscope when they still have knobs. Someone elswhere writes that the newer ones have nested drop downlists. Ugh.

Reply to
mm

"mm" wrote

Whatever it was, it seems to be working fine now. Before, I would click on your post, and it asked if I wanted to include that language packet. If I opened your post, it was written in a style used in letter writing.

Steve

Reply to
Steve B

Too bad. ;-)

That's why I started mine. It was rather useful when I lived in Vermont, too. Not so much here in Alabama.

A lot of "pimples" are really in-grown hairs. That's not possible when they're allowed to grow past skin level.

See above.

Reply to
krw

I can actually say I've had a beard most of my life. When I was younger and had a lot more testosterone flowing through me, I would get some very strange beard hairs. The odd hairs would pop up in various places on my neck and face. They were like little black mechanical pencil leads and would sometimes form a pimple which I removed with tweezers. I haven't seen any of the little tree stumps since my beard went gray a decade ago. Perhaps it was radiation? o_O

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

I get the occasional hog bristle. I cannot use a regular razor to shave because of coumadin, so I have used an electric for nine years now. But there are some boar hairs that won't fit into the tiny windows on an electric. I am surprised at their size, and length under the skin.

Steve

Reply to
Steve B