Toilet runs all the time

Water is trickling through the overflow pipe. I installed one of those new valves without the ball about 18 months ago and it worked fine until I got tired of the tank filling slowly and turned the water supply valve so that water flowed into the tank faster. I can't rember how to adjust the valve lower in the tank. Sorry about the skimpy description

Reply to
thomas.jacobs

There should be a rod going down with a metal clip connected to the float. You pinch the clip and slide it down the rod further to adjust the float.

Reply to
RayV

Take the toilet back to the store. You're too stupid to have indoor plumbing.

Reply to
Steve B

Turn water off, empty tank by flushing, get a good look at valve. usually there's a clip around stem of valve that you slide back, then push down on valve to shorten, then slide clip back on. If you have to, pull the valve out and make your adjustment.

Reply to
jake

How sensitive to the OP.

:p