toilet replacement question

I've got to replace a toilet and I don't want to waste my time or money. I've heard that a lot of the newer low-water toilets are hopeless. In fact the one I'm replacing is one of those. It seems to flush about 1/3 gallon of water, which isn't nearly enough, causing you to have to wait around in the bathroom for 10 minutes repeatedly flushing the damn thing to get it to flush properly.
Is there a toilet available in Canada that can flush properly in one flush?
tia
Peter H
You may find some of these articles helpful.
Dual Flush Toilets Compared http://www.cmhc-schl.gc.ca/publications/en/rh-pr/tech/02-124-e.html
Toilet Shopping Pointers http://www.cmhc-schl.gc.ca/en/burema/gesein/abhose/abshose_058.cfm
Short Summary of 6L Toilet Comparison Tests http://www.cmhc.ca/publications/en/rh-pr/tech/01-143-E.htm
34 Page Comparison of 6L Toilets http://www.cwwa.ca/pdf_files/freepub_6Ltoiletreport04.pdf
Seth's Rant on Crappy Crappers http://www.narda.net/~sbnoble/Rant/020901.html
There is some excellent evidence that the Australian "wash-down" toilets provide excellent flush characteristics PLUS much reduced tendency to clog the household plumbing lines.
http://www.joneakes.com/ca/ls/cgi-bin/getdetailscals.cgi?id 67
http://www.joneakes.com/ca/ls/cgi-bin/getdetailscals.cgi?id 29
http://www.sacanada.org/index.php?act=Print&client=printer&f=3&tH80 &
http://www.caromausa.com/download/caroma4.wmv
http://www.greenbuildingsupply.com/utility/showArticle/?objectID 3
Results of Caroma Retrofit Project in Western Canada http://www.whistler.ca/var/readingRoomFiles/plumb.pdf
Hope this helps.
Mr Fixit eh
Steve Nekias wrote:

Thanks for the suggestions Steve

Heh,
Consider yourself lucky, the americans are smuggling Canadian toilets ;-)
--
Chris Lewis, Una confibula non set est