toilet replacement question

I've got to replace a toilet and I don't want to waste my time or money. I've heard that a lot of the newer low-water toilets are hopeless. In fact the one I'm replacing is one of those. It seems to flush about 1/3 gallon of water, which isn't nearly enough, causing you to have to wait around in the bathroom for 10 minutes repeatedly flushing the damn thing to get it to flush properly.

Is there a toilet available in Canada that can flush properly in one flush?

tia

Peter H

Reply to
Peter H

You may find some of these articles helpful.

Dual Flush Toilets Compared

Toilet Shopping Pointers

Short Summary of 6L Toilet Comparison Tests

34 Page Comparison of 6L Toilets

Seth's Rant on Crappy Crappers

There is some excellent evidence that the Australian "wash-down" toilets provide excellent flush characteristics PLUS much reduced tendency to clog the household plumbing lines.

Results of Caroma Retrofit Project in Western Canada
Hope this helps.

Mr Fixit eh

Reply to
Steve Nekias

According to Peter H :

Heh,

Consider yourself lucky, the americans are smuggling Canadian toilets ;-)

Reply to
Chris Lewis

Thanks for the suggestions Steve

Reply to