Toilet Repeatedly Flushes

I replaced an old ball and cock toilet assembly about one year ago with the newer cylindrical kit. (I believe it is a fluidmaster). Now it seems to flush about every 8 or 9 hours, and the water level goes down about 1". I lowered the level of the cylindrical unit, about one inch down, and the water level is lower, but the toilet still flushes at what seems to be the same interval. Could someone tell me what is going on and how to fix it?
Thanks,
JD
The flapper is leaking, replace it
Thanks to the two people who replied. I will replace the flapper.
JD
Take a piece of nylon stocking or something similar, and gently go around the mating face of the opening the flapper goes down onto. Usually won't improve things, but sometimes it does. While you're replacing the flapper.

Did you perhaps put the little refill tube deep too deep into the overflow pipe. If the end of it is below the normal high water level it will siphon. Just be certain it is about at the top of the pipe.

On Tue, 28 Oct 2003 13:10:48 -0600 (CST), snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (mark Ransley) wrote:

    Get a red one. It lasts longer.
If your toilet keeps flushing, you may have a GHOST. It's halloween too.....
SCAREY !!!!!

Call GhosteBusters

On 28 Oct 2003 19:01:19 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com (Decij) wrote:

The flapper is leaking... slowly fills bowl up to critical and you get a small flush.
...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, P.E. | mens |
| Analog Innovations, Inc. | et |