Toilet refill rate problem

I have a toilet with a Fluidmaster 400A fill valve (installed by a plumber). It has (apparently) always had this problem: The refill flow rate is too high. The bowl fills and the refill flow keeps going and (apparently) water goes over the "hump" in the trap and down the drain. The water pressure here is not high. It seems to me that too much water is coming out of the refill tube and not enough is coming out elsewhere (wherever that might be). Can this be adjusted?

To reply directly to me, replace all 'z' with 'a' in email address.

Reply to
George

Click here to download installation instructions for the Anti-Siphon Fill Valve (400A) in the PDF format->

it has a float that adjusts fill level, squeeze clip and push it down a tad

Reply to
bumtracks

The refill rate is not adjustable. Put a paper clip (or similar) over the tube to see if that helps the problem. I don't recall ever seeing a 400-A with too high a flow from the refill.

If the valve shuts off properly when tank full level is reached, then adjusting the float will not affect it.

If you have considered closing the supply valve (shutoff) partway, don't do it. Some of those valves will chatter badly if not fully open.

Jim

Reply to
Speedy Jim

I had a similar problem with a FluidMaster.

If you've got hi pressure, and "certain toilets" water going into the overflow pipe will keep the flapper valve from seating. ( it also wastes a lot of water during the fill cycle )

I called FluidMaster. They sent me a plastic screw-clamp It reduces flow in the plastic hose that feeds the overflow pipe.

Problem Solved !!

Reply to
Anonymous

Reply to