toilet redo -> spraying water

Had to install new guts (Fluidmaster) in the tank of a Gerber brand toilet. Had a problem with water spewing out between the tank and bowl upon flushing.

We retightened every nut (flush and fill valves, the 2 bolts holding the tank to bowl). Tried two different (new) gaskets between the tank and bowl. To no avail.

It's like there's a hole somewhere, the gasket isn't reaching far enough (I think it is, but not 100% positive), or ??? Never had this kind of thing happen so I'm at a loss as to what's causing it.

Help!

Thanx Renata

Reply to
Renata

I'd take it apart and inspect the parts. Then make sure there is no interference to the parts seating properly. If this is Ok assemble it again and use Vaseline on all the rubber seals/gaskets. Tighten equally.

Reply to
tnom