toilet paper buildup in drain

Is there a particular type of tool/snake I should get to clean out a drain for a toilet? The clog is close to the toilet, as it doesn't affect the other bathroom toilet. I don't know much about cleaning out plumbing. Thanks for the help in advance. Brian O.
The most simple first attempt and cheapest is to invest in a "plumber's friend". It is a suction cup affair that you put down in the bowl full of water and vigorously pump up and down. It is often enough to clear a simple stoppage.
Here is a picture of one: http://www.askthebuilder.com/454_Household_Drain_Clogs_Fixes_and_Prevention.shtml

This particular clog is a bit more stubborn than the tool you call for. Tried it already. I figured most people were smart enough to try a plunger, that's why I didn't mention it. B

I use this model, it's called the Master Plunger: (Amazon.com product link shortened)34783345/sr=8-2/ref=pd_bbs_2/104-6965675-2943149?nP7846&s=kitchen&v=glance It's much more powerful than an ordinary plunger. Also the closet auger as described above. First you might try doing some "fishing" with a solid copper wire. I usually use 12 ga THHN (doesn't scratch the porcelain) with a little hook in the end. Let's see I've pulled out GI Joes, tooth brushes, hair brushes, If you've got kids it could be anything. Richard
Brian O wrote:

Ask for a "Closet Auger". Hand-operated snake just for this job.
Jim
get what is called a closet auger .
-> Is there a particular type of tool/snake I should get to clean out a drain -> for a toilet? The clog is close to the toilet, as it doesn't affect the -> other bathroom toilet. I don't know much about cleaning out plumbing. Thanks -> for the help in advance. -> Brian O.
Have you tried a plunger?
--
8^)~~~ Sue (remove the x to e-mail)
~~~~~~