Toilet noise problem

For the last few weeks, our toilet refill pipes makes a loud groaning / moaning kind of noise when filling up after a flush. This goes away if I close the refill valve tap to a small trickle. Was working fine in the past. What could be the cause. The whole house walls echo with the noise.

Thanks

Reply to
Rajesh Dugar

The groaning/moaning and resonance are all typical of "end of life" for one style of ball c*ck. Replace it.

Jim

Reply to
Speedy Jim

anytime you hear noise in a toilet, faucet or other valve is that it is acting like a whistle... air in a whistle is cut off and makes the noise.. the same thing with water in a toilet, faucet, or valve... something is loose in there due to wear and needs to either be tightened or replaced... the ball c*ck valve is bad and should be replaced... hope this helps.

Reply to
jim