Toilet Noise After Flushing

One of my toilets makes a loud bang after it's flushed and has filled with water. Any ideas would be appreciated.

Reply to
Yates AT

Sounds like a classic "water hammer" sound because the fill valve is "snapping" closed.

Try changing the guts of that valve, and if that doesn't do it change over to another style of fill valve with a more begnine closure. The older style "ball float" fill valves pinched off the water flow nice and slowly.

Good luck,

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff Wisnia

Likely it is water hammer.

Joseph Meehan

It's just seeking attention. For the first couple days, just ignore it. If that doesn't work, bang it right back and tell it in a firm voice "I've had it with you!".

If that doesn't work, go and get some books on potty training.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Screaming turds? Too much flatulance? Severe case of hemmoroids? Angry neighbor downstairs who just got shit on?

Reply to
someone