Toilet Noise After Flushing

One of my toilets makes a loud bang after it's flushed and has filled with water. Any ideas would be appreciated.
Yates AT wrote:

Sounds like a classic "water hammer" sound because the fill valve is "snapping" closed.
Try changing the guts of that valve, and if that doesn't do it change over to another style of fill valve with a more begnine closure. The older style "ball float" fill valves pinched off the water flow nice and slowly.
Good luck,
Jeff
--
Jeff Wisnia (W1BSV + Brass Rat '57 EE)

"If you can smile when things are going wrong, you've thought of someone to
Likely it is water hammer.
http://www.factsfacts.com/MyHomeRepair/PipeNoises.htm
--
Joseph E. Meehan

26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math
It's just seeking attention. For the first couple days, just ignore it. If that doesn't work, bang it right back and tell it in a firm voice "I've had it with you!".
If that doesn't work, go and get some books on potty training.
--

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
On 01 Nov 2003 12:04:37 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com (Yates AT) wrote:

Screaming turds? Too much flatulance? Severe case of hemmoroids? Angry neighbor downstairs who just got shit on?