Toilet Mechanism Vibrates/Replace Ball Cock??

I have a American Standard toilet that I think is around 17-20 years old. It has the ball c*ck/flush ball mechanism in it.

Recently, whenever the toilet flushes, after the water refills the tank, the flush ball arm vibrates very slightly, but it, makes a huge racket.

Is there a way to quite that vibration???

On the same subject, our downstairs toilet, (brand new) has a different kind of mechanism. There's no ball c*ck or flush ball. It looks like a completely enclosed valve or something.

I'm wondering if it's possible to install a mechanism like that in the upstairs toilet.

Anyone have any thoughts??

Reply to
FLSTCI

Replace the ballcock. You can get new ones similar to the other toilet.

How-to page here:

NOTE: Things can and DO go bad with first-timer jobs like this.

Jim

Reply to
Speedy Jim

Old mechanisms were well made, todays are short term junk!

disassemble and replace worn washers, its easy and fast. try to find a real hard ware store for washers and help.

home depot isnt ideal, they will just sell you a new plastic mechanism, that will need replaced every 3 to 5 years:(

washers are cheap! at least try this approach befor tossing dependable ballcock you will regret it later...........

Reply to
hallerb

That's a fair point and I would have to agree... Jim

Reply to
Speedy Jim