Toilet leaking water on bathroom floor

I have a toilet that is leaking water on the bathroom floor. The leak was coming from the bottom of the toilet where it meets the floor. My boyfriend thought it was the wax gasket that needed to be replaced. When we removed the toilet to replace the wax gasket we found that the flange that the toilet attaches to is almost gone due to corrosion. Is there something like a repair kit or some type of fitting that can be used to correct this problem so we can bolt the toilet down to the floor tightly? Thanks for any help with my problem.
Blondie
Blondie wrote:

You will need to find out more about the construction. Is it all cast iron? Is it a lead bend with a brass flange soldered on?
Oatey makes a plastic flange with an expanding lower section which can be slipped inside a 4" pipe and then expanded to seal.
If it's a deteriorated lead bend, you'll have to tread carefully as it may not be possible to make a good seal.
Is there access below (basement) where the connection into the stack could be replaced if it came to that?
Jim
Jim, thanks for your reply. Yes, it is cast iron and yes we have a crawl space under the house to gain access to the sewer pipes.
Blondie

was
boyfriend
removed
like
any
If it is simply the flange that the toilet bolts to that is badly rusted, and the pipe itself is on good shape, then you should be able to find a replacement flange that will screw to the floor and allow you to bolt the toilet in place. You then use a wax seal with a plastic neck to seal between the existing cast iron pipe and the toilet. The flange doesn't play a part in the actual seal, it only holds the pot on the pipe so to speak! The seal is formed between the pipe and the pot.

something
for