toilet: i am about to replace the wax ring

toilet i installed two years ago ... all was well until recently when I noticed some water seeping out underneath.

I am thinking its gotta be the wax ring from the toilet being moved around a little.

i have VOWED that when I work on it tommorow I am going to use a waxless ring (i bought one on home depot a long time ago but never installed it and have been kicking myself since)

anyone have experiences installing the waxless rings?

Reply to
samster

They are good but not as good as a sleeved wax ring the ones with the sleeve in the middle. Have found that foam rings compress and cause leaks later. Also is this in a house with cast Iron plunbing or abs ,there can be many reasons why it would leak.

Reply to
jim

Yes, and I'll never go back to the wax type. Mine was the plastic one with the flexible flanges by Fernco. If yours is that old, I would toss it and get a new one, they are only a few bucks and you don't want that adhesive to fail..

Harry K

Reply to
Harry K

samster wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@here.com:

...and you are sure it's not because you had some very humid warm days?

Reply to
Al Bundy