TOILET HLEP!!!

I just installed a new flap in my toilet but now you must hold the handle down for the waste to go down..before I installed the new flap all you had to do was just push the handle down & everything was fine..how or what did I do wrong..I tried adjusting the chain that came with the flap,,HELP
John, Toilets are a mystery at times, but it sounds to me like the "flap" isn't staying "up" long enough to generate a good siphon. With the top tank open, adjust the chain length between the handle arm and flapper by shortening it until the flapper stays up after you depress the handle. There is a "touch" to the adjustment and you may have to do this three or four times till it is just right. Good Luck! Backyard Farmer

We assume you installed the flapper valve right side up. . .
--
Don Phillipson
Carlsbad Springs

John. I have the sample problem you do. Now mine is leaking from the tank, just a little bit of water running. I can see it but there is not the noise of running water. I had put a new flap and chain in our tank too. I have to hold the handle down for months now. Now this problem.
It costs $75. for a plumber to walk through the door, so I am waiting if I have to call him for something else.
shirley