Toilet foaming.

This Niagara toilet flushes very poorly. Whenever a guy tries to urine, foam would build up in the bowl. Flushing once won't work, flushing twice won't either. But the third time it will work. That's about 9-gallons wasted. My previous toilet (American Standard, - was stolen) works exceptionally well. So well that it only requires a third of the of the tank to flush out the foams completely. I would like to prevent the buildup of foams or get rid of them without spending 9-gallons. What's is a practical way to prevent foaming?

Thanks

Reply to
Leroy Mowry

Somebody stole your old toilet, foam from pee would be from the water or a serious urinary problem, foam is not normal see a doctor if it is only you

Reply to
m Ransley

Try drinking a non foaming beer

Reply to
Bubba

Have you started using a new cleaner, like an in tank cleaner?

Reply to
Joseph Meehan

I haven't. I was hoping someone might figure out what type of scrub or formula to put in the tank. If it's a medical problem, I'll look into it. The theives pretended to be a plumbing contractor, came in broad daylight and switch it.

Reply to
Leroy Mowry

I can't think if a way the toilet could be the cause of the problem. While it may more force when filling that will not cause foaming unless there is something in the water.

Have you added a water softener or changed something about it? Have you asked any of your neighbors if they have noticed anything. Has the taste of the water changed in any way?

I suppose some internal part of the toilet may be breaking down. If so you will know soon.

Reply to
Joseph Meehan

I've a med. problem with fluid retention occasionally. Supposed to be careful what I eat to limit sodium intake to average out around 2000 mg daily. Well cold cuts, cheese, pizza, potato chips and mostly submarine sandwiches can instantly be that 2000mg and more - Foaming when I wiz - That's become my body's WAY OVERLOAD'd indicator for sodium - my watchdog to prewarn the upcoming accumulated fluid bloat. And you're right, foam doesn't flush too well.

Reply to
bumtracks

Do you have a water softener that you add salt to? If so, maybe turn down the softness setting.

Reply to
Rileyesi

It uses the city water, no salt, no change in tastes. The previous toilet foams but flushes fine. If the mechanics are the problem then I see what I can do to get that strong flush I want. If I could drop an anti-foam bar in the tank, I'll try that too.

Reply to
Leroy Mowry

why not just get another american standard like the one you had?

search

for american standard toilet

you might even find your old toilet lol

Reply to