Toilet flush problem

Page 2 of 2
On 6/18/2012 2:44 PM, Stormin Mormon wrote:

The bowl fills with inflow water. It doesn't flush, sometimes it does clear, slowly, other times it stays that way for hours. The shower and sink drain to the same septic and never have drain problems.

You may get relief by using a closet auger. These (get the Ridgid one for about $25, much better than the cheepy one for $8) help clear the drain. I use one on my own toilet.
Made back my $24 one time when I cleared a toilet drain for a customer.
http://www.homerepairforum.com/forum/plumbing/6634-slow-draining-toilet.html
About 2/3 of the way down, a reasonable description of what to do.
Pull the snake all the way back, slip the curved tip into the drain. Push the snake in, cranking as you advance the closet auger snake. Keep cranking, as you push it all the way in. Then flush the toilet, to rinse off the snake. Crank, while pulling back on the handle. Finally, remove the unit from the bowl. Extend the snake, and clip the snake onto the place at the handle.
Hope that helps.
The bowl fills with inflow water. It doesn't flush, sometimes it does clear, slowly, other times it stays that way for hours. The shower and sink drain to the same septic and never have drain problems.

Perhaps the shower and sink drain into the same septic tank but that is no guarantee that they use the same piping up until the main drain line to the septic to get there,,,
Have you checked the vent stack to see if it is not blocked ? If the vent stack is blocked any drains it serves will drain very slowly if at all because no air pressure equalization can take place in the drainage piping and you may be creating enough water pressure to inhibit proper drainage...
Don't be fooled by the top of the vent being clear, something could have fallen in and dropped to a level just above the toilet drain interfering with the venting of the toilet, the shower and sink drains are vented higher up the stack above the flood level of the fixture so their venting may not be obstructed...
Try taking a garden hose up to the roof and running water down the vent to see if that clears up your problem...