toilet flush handle loose

My daughter's toilet has a plastic flush handle that press-fits onto the end of the lever. That press-fit is not so great and the handle falls off frequently. Is there any way to secure it, by retrofitting a set screw or something? or epoxy, or some other adhesive?
Or just replace the whole lever assembly?
Marty
Replace it, they have cheap ones and nicer ones for a little more. Note that the nut that holds it on (inside the tank) is reverse threaded and you need to turn it opposite normal to get it off (righty-loosey)
If you want to try an adhesive, construction adhesive or epoxy should work fine. I like liquid nails for stuff like that.