Toilet flush connector

Re: Toilet flush connector
Hi,
I have a standard flush toilet such as were commonly installed in the midwest in the 50's.
It has a flap stopper that works OK (I had to drill a hole in it). The handle/lever looks OK.
Question is, what should I use to connect the lever to the stopper? I have tried nylon cord, wire, and chain in the past. All, in time, presented problems.
Because the stopper seals OK, I don't wish to replace it. Just fashion something to connect it to the lever so it won't jam/kink etc.
Any/all suggestions most welcome.
Cheers, Puddin'
****************************************************** *** Puddin' Man PuddingDotMan at GmailDotCom *** ******************************************************;

if you can tie the correct knot....... fishing line with a couple of split sinkers spaced to keep it untangled.

Beaded chain.
Chain is pretty common.
Dave M.
Just leave the top off the tank, then reach in and pull the flapper up. This way you wash your hands and flush the toilet in one highly efficient step.

Works Great. Particularly just before ya rip into a nice, big Kentucky Fried Chicken dinner or a mess of BBQ.
Give it a try!!!
Puddin'
****************************************************** *** Puddin' Man PuddingDotMan at GmailDotCom *** ******************************************************;
Why in the world do you think I would suggest anything that I havnt checked out myself?
Most toilets use a brass chain. YOu can also fashion a nylon tie strap, maybe. But the brass chain is a good idea.
--

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

The way I'm set up, -any- kind of chain is gonna kink.
I guess I'll try the nylon cord again ...
Thanks, Puddin'

- Puddin' Man -

- Nehmo - A new flush valve with cord included would not costs much, but I understand. I've permanently fixed some toilets with what was available in the washroom: dental floss works okay. Use a doubled-up strand, and make sure the knot it secure.
--
* Nehmo Sergheyev *