Toilet Flapper

I have a toilet that I have to hold the handle down for the thing to completely flush. Is this a problem with the flapper or handle. I would appreciate any help.
Sincerely,
Cliff
On 7 Dec 2003 13:43:55 -0800, clifford snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com (CEV) wrote:

Cliff,
Just had same problem. After trying other solutions with no luck my handyman contractor said it probably was a "water logged" flapper that was closing prematurely. Replaced flapper and it now works like a charm.
Happy flushing....Bob

Also make sure the chain is not too long, otherwise it won't lift high enough to remain lifted by the flush flow.
...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, P.E. | mens |
| Analog Innovations, Inc. | et |

I'd say it's a problem with the water level. Check the float mechanism and see how full your tank's getting before it shuts off.
Kyle Word
"Be still when you have nothing to say; when genuine passion moves you, say what you've got to say, and say it hot." -- D.H. Lawrence
Cliff:
C > I have a toilet that I have to hold the handle down for the thing to C > completely flush. Is this a problem with the flapper or handle. I C > would appreciate any help.
OTOH could be the handle is breaking. Had to replace the handle on our toilet a couple of weeks ago because the arm inside cracked and broke. Take off the tank cover and lift the flapper chain by hand to see if the it seems like the flapper.
- barry.martinATthesafebbs.zeppole.com
* Do not lay rubber while traveling in a funeral procession.
--
RoseReader 2.52 P003186
The Safe BBS Bettendorf, IA 563-359-1971