Toilet flange wax seal

I am puting in a new sub floor and vinyl in the bathroom. Therefore the toilet flange will be 3/8" lower than the new floor. Anyone have this experience? Any thoughts on the extra thick wax seal made for this situation and sold at Home Depot? This seal has a plastic funnel type dealy that fits right into the flange, they say leak proof. Don't really want to have to chop up my plumbing for an extra 3/8". Thanks
You'll probably be better off with a flange extender, but the oversize wax gasket may work, I haven't tried one.

LOKI wrote:

flange extend. plus 2 wax rings -
I just installed one of the extra thick wax rings with the plastic thingy over 1" thick saltillo. So far, no leaks. Of course it's only been about a week but so far, so good. Cheers, cc

I did the exact same thing a few months ago (tiled my upstairs bathroom and had to put a subfloor in). My flange ended up being a bit lower than the floor so I used one of those extra thick wax seals from Home Depot.
It was about $6, it had a "reinforcement" ring inside the was (made of some spongle like material) and a built in plast funnel type dealy. Worked well for me, not a leak.
Make sure that the area where the toilet will be seated is absolutley level; use a level to check in every direction. My toilet is now rock solid, no leaks, no problems.
Cheers