toilet flange disaster

I've installed a half dozen toilets but never had this problem. after removing the toilet to install a new vynal floor i put the toilet back on using a new wax ring. when i first flushed it it seemed most of the water poured down into the basement. a little water was seeping out from under the toilet. i thought it might be the wax ring so i replaced it again with a thicker ring. same results. someone suggested that perhaps one of my kids stepped on the flange and broke it although it doesn't appear broken. any help would be appreciated.

Reply to
jtdon1

Liz Megerle

Is the wax ring upside down?

Reply to
tnom

Or the plastic insert from the old wax ring is still on the horn and the water is leaking between 2 of them.

Reply to
beecrofter