Toilet Flange

The toilet was rocking and I found that the hold down bolts had disintegrated due to rust. After removing the toilet, I see that the flange is badly rusted too.
http://www.filefactory.com/file/agh848c/n/Flange_JPG
As you can see, a piece of the hold down bolt is still stuck in the slot on the right side of the flange. Even if I chisel it out, I'm not sure if the channel on either side will be able to lock the new bolts in place.
Can this be salvaged or does it need to be replaced?
Is replacing a flange a job for a professional or can someone fairly handy but inexperienced do it?
Add pictures here
✖

Link didn't work for me.
✖
On Fri, 15 May 2009 13:27:21 -0700 (PDT), RicodJour

Sorry, please try this one: http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey ¼03ce80d6faf4529bf8d6369220dcabe04e75f6e8ebb871
You can view the image online or download it. If it's too dark, let me know and I'll take another picture.
Add pictures here
✖
On May 15, 5:15 pm, snipped-for-privacy@nowhere.com wrote:

That is a dark picture, but it probably doesn't matter too much. I can't make out whether the soil line is cast iron or something like black ABS. Is the ring soldered in place with lead? Definitely warrants replacement.
Here's a Google search for you. http://www.google.com/#hl=en&safe=off&num=100&q=replacing+toilet+flange Plug in the type of waste line material you have and you should find instructions.
✖
Years ago, I got a plastic flange replacer. It was about $25 at the local store, or $20 at Home Depot. It pushed into the existing pipe. Tightened with an allen wrench, and then the toilet screwed onto the new flange. I removed the old flange with a big hammer. Might not work as well, in your case.
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
Bob wrote: