toilet fixed!!

Congrats on the DIY repair, probably saved yourself about $50 - $75 by not calling a plumber.

DJ

Reply to
DJ

Hacksaw took off the plastic gasket, no sweat, then the new handle/gasket go on (sure enough, it IS reversed thread!) Chain comes out from underneath flapper and I am happy flusher!

You old timers probably think "So what?", but this is my first DIY job in my own home. I am one proud geek.

Thanks everyone, for the tips along the way. I'm sure you'll be seeing more of me!

It looks like I have a leak somewhere. The back of the tank fills, then > empties itself, > the fills again... this is a fast one. > > Any tips on how to isolate the leak? I am so hoping it is INSIDE the toilet > and > not OUTSIDE in the pipes! > > Thanks for any advice > >
Reply to
Al

Hi, Learning never ends. It's life time deal. Congrats. Tony

Reply to
Tony Hwang

Thanks for letting us know it was resolved. So many come and get advice then disappear leaving the group to wonder what the resollution was.

Glad your first project went well. Trust me you have plenty more of them to look forward to :-)

Steve B.

Reply to
Steve B.