toilet effluence

I have heard that bacteria can travel 10 feet when the toilet is flushed. didn't i hear of a study that proved that? Patriotism is supporting your country all the time and the government when it deserves it. -Mark Twain
veteran wrote:

I don't know if that is true, but all of the information I have seen indicates that despite all the inferences that the marketing people make, there is little or no danger from "lurking germs" in a bath room. You are in at least as much danger in an office or kitchen.
--
Joseph Meehan

26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math
ive heard, if you want to get sick for sure, lick the kitchen sponge...
randy

we nuked it once and awhile. for about 33 seconds. it gets hot, put a glass lid over it to distribute the micro-waves. Patriotism is supporting your country all the time and the government when it deserves it. -Mark Twain

The two piece toilets here , they wont fit in my microwave oven even one piece at a time.
I've just noticed 2 sponges here in succession .. and its happened before but hadn't lit the lightbulb I just opened a new sponge and hand washes my few dishes a couple of times and the edges of the new sponge turned black .. soak it in bleachy tub of water and it never again blackens. Cerro Sponges,., Maybe they come pre loaded with fungus spores or something that initially grows the ick.
xrongor wrote:

Hi, Not even that. Don't wash hands, keep rubbing your nose with thay hands. That'll do it pronto. Tony

It depends how far you walk before washing your hands. You may have read a post by someone selling a bathroom air filter. Bacteria is everywhere, but anxiety worrying about it can weaken your immune system and may affect your health and quality of life more than staying clean, healthy and not worrying about it.

I think it would travel all the way to the treatment plant, along with everything else.
Good point! If it only traveled ten feet, the guy would need to flush thousands of times to get it all the way to the wastewater treatment plant.
- Magnusfarce

veteran wrote:

Hi, How about your body? Internall externally(on your skin) can you even guess how many different kind of germs live? Stay healthy if you don't want to get sick. Tony
veteran wrote:

Hi, Once I know a guy who was germ freak. He won't touch door knobs with his own bare hands, won't hold rails on escalator, wash hands kazillion times a day, etc. Do you know what killed him? Bone cancer. Tony
veteran wrote:

Yes, it may be true, but if it were a problem, everyone with a toilet would be sick. Don't listen to the germaphobes.
I believe it has been proven that the lack of exposer to common household bacteria and germs fails to allow your body to develop a decent immune system. Then when you do get sick, you are in for it big time. Simple washing of the hands with soap and water will take care of things just fine.
--
Tony

Think before you flush or brush - Sarah Tan http://www.jsonline.com/alive/well/0301gerba.asp
Mr. Clean: Professor lifts the lid on household germs http://serendip.brynmawr.edu/biology/b103/f02/web2/stan.html