toilet draining after plunging shower

So I take a shower and towards the end of it I hear gurgling coming form the toilet. Get out of the shower and it's slow to drain (the shower). So I plunge it, clear it - then the water drains completely out of my toilet bowl! Flush, drians again - 2x. Finally stopped draining. Or so I think, had to leave for work. My research leads me to suspect a clog in the vent stack, make sense? What can I do on my own before calling a plumber?
Please just post to the group as I'm having email problems, thanks in advance.
We seem to have a rash of clogged vents. Could be the weather causing them to frost up. If you feel like going up on your roof right now, I might make some suggestions. Maybe someone else will have some ideas. It may also be a clog further down. Maybe someone else will have some better ideas.
--
Joseph E. Meehan

26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math
24 hours later and things seem to be working fine. I'm in the South and we have had some freezing weather, what can I do as a preventative measure?

I would not think that should normally necessary down there. I suggest having someone check out the vent to make sure it is clear (bird nest etc.) and it does not have any construction problems.
--
Joseph E. Meehan

26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math