Toilet Drain Test

I've got a toilet to a septic tank that works generally okay, but lately when I flush an all-liquid load it swirls round and round and goes down, but doesn't rush down enough to go glug-glug, even if I hold the lever and keep the water going. Given a solid waste to dispose of, it will usually build up enough water on top of the load to rush out and glug-glug just fine. Do I have a problem?

Larry
Easy test.
Does it flush well with a bucket of water but not good using flush handle?
Likely the water passages inside the rim are clogged./ Make certain the dip tube line is properly placed in its holder.
Check inside bowl under rim, are the holes clogged?