toilet doesn't clean out

tomeshew Wrote:

I tried the bucket of water test, and the toilet worked. I used a copper wire and went through all the "jets", and they seemed open, but how much can you see with a mirror. I raised the water level a bit in the tank, and that made it work better. I also noticed that the water level in the bowl (after a good flush) is too high, so I think it would really help if I replaced some of the "guts" of the tank. A new bathroom is in the plans, but we have a new baby on the way, so I don't want to tear into it at this point. At worse case I will install a new toilet to fix the problem.
Thanks for your help