Toilet clog problem

Ok basics:)

Flush toilet with bucket of water, does it always fush OK?

If it does NOT then pull toilet and make it into a big project.....

If using a bucket flushes properly the toliet asnd drain lines are fine:)

the problem is the internal passages inside the toilet that send water around the bowl rim.the water comes from the small line that goes to the dip tube in the tank

these passages and exit holes under the rim can get sediment buildup over time, it slows water flow,.

flush toilet and watch water in bowl, does it just swirl around?

if so acid is your friend for 5 bucks and a few minutes time its easily fixable. its safe effective easy and worth trying before you pull toilet, which can have downsides.

like ooops the flange cracked, ooops the water line in the wall has developed a leak, the wife says as long as your pulling the toilet lets remodel the bathroom, etc etc etc,..,

try the bucket flush and report back here with the results

Reply to
hallerb

I work in maintenance (in a nursing home) and pull bowls on a regular basis. If you grab the toilet by the point of lid attachment...it balances pretty well. My estimation would be one third the weight for the tank (empty of course!) and almost nothing added to the depth. If I can't fit a dolly in the room to move it...I put the bowl between my knees and waddle-walk it to where I can dolly it. JM2.02

Reply to
Bob Villa

Well, it's nice to hear that my method is used by someone who works "in the field". :-)

A question: do you ever have to lay the toilet over to clean the bottom? Do you do this with the tank attached?

Reply to
DerbyDad03

re: "The tanks doubled the height of the toilet, and increased the depth by about 25%. "

I missed this part earlier. Toilets have changed!

The tank on my new toilet adds 0% to the depth of the unit. The rear of the bowl is at least flush (no pun intended) with, if not *beyond*, the rear of the tank.

That was the first thing I noticed when I brought the unit home. I actually wasn't sure if the bowl would fit over the bolts without touching the base board behind it, but it makes it by less than an inch.

My old bowl had, I don't know, 4" - 5" between the bowl and the wall, this new toilet has next to nothing. It also doesn't stick out as far into the room, which is probably why they call it a "space saver".

Reply to
DerbyDad03