Toilet bowl water level

Is there a way to adjust the level of water in toilet bowls? The level seems to differ among those in our home, and those with deep water cause splashes on the floor (laced with urine) which require much more frequent cleaning.
anna

I'm pretty sure this is due to the height of internal passages and "floor" of the bowl. your toilets must be differing models.
http://www.bhwater.org/Water_Facts/Ultra_Low_Flush_Toilets/toilet_cutaway_xparent.GIF
design tradeoff is: larger water area to avoid fecal sticking on bowl surface (looks icky and dries...) or small water area to avoid your problem (which many people never notice, though it certainly exists). anything that hits water causes *some* splashing.
short answer, no. the level is set by the way the toilet is made.
randy

Sit down when you pee!
Tom

tflfb wrote:

Chances are pretty good that Anna does.
Maybe she'll have to treat her husband like Jack Nicholson's character in "About Schmidt" and make him sit too.
Jeff
--
Jeff Wisnia (W1BSV + Brass Rat '57 EE)

Maybe she hovers!
Tom

apart from the stigma involved, bathrooms would stay a heck of a lot cleaner if men did sit down to pee...
what we really need is for urinals to become standard in new construction <g>
randy

Do you have a gerber brand bowl. They put the water level way up there. No way to adjust although you may be able to exchange the bottom half of the bowl with the 4" elevated model sold normally for handicapped use.