Toilet bowl gasket

I noticed that this toilet was not secured to the floor even though the screws on each side of the bowl were tight. I purchased a new toilet bowl kit with gasket, flange, and screws hoping to repair this problem. However when I removed the bowl, this is what is in the floor:
http://www.pbase.com/mrfixit/image/83782966
This to me doesn't look very good. Is this a major repair?
Thanks for your replies.
-- David Farber L.A., CA

They make a repair flange that goes inside the pipe and expands to fit. I've used them with success. I got mine at Lowes or Home depot, I really don't remember which. I did run into a minor problem in that it wouldn't go in far enough to go flush, + my pipe was slightly twisted forcing me to get a 1/8" shim for under the toilet. Yours however,looks like a good candidate for that repair. http://secure.data-comm.com/RBIS/Detail.bok?no%1034
On Sun, 12 Aug 2007 22:30:49 -0000, Eric in North TX
Hey Dave

You could also break it at the next joint down below. That is, dig out the packing and discard that pipe section. There are products to join a newer pvc line to a cast iron connection. The guys at the local plumbing store will stear you in the right direction. It's not a hard job just a nasty job.
Cheers Dale

I bought the repair flange. I'll have a go at it soon. Looks simple enough to install. Famous last words, right?
Thanks for your help.
--
David Farber
L.A., CA