toilet bowl

My toilet bowl has no leaks and seems to be working correctly but the 2 bolts that fasten the bowl to the floor are rusted and no longer exist. Should they be replaced? Can they be replaced? What would the eventual problem might be?

Don't tell me what I can understand, tell me what I can't mis-understand (Gen. Douglas McArthur)! No matter what you do you are a problem solver....what do you do? Arthur, Website:

Email: snipped-for-privacy@bellsouth.net

Reply to
Arthur

These hold the toilet to the floor and maintain the seal to the toilet flange. I would get them replaced. - the flange under the toilet has slot holes in it for the bolts. Assuming the flange is not in bad shape then replace the wax ring and bolts.

Randy

Reply to
Randy Anderson