Toilet backed up - with protein powder

Somebody dumped half a container of protein powder it the toilet. I unblocked it with a plunger but now it drains very slowly and with little force. I ran a few feet of a snake down thorough the drain but it didn't help. Anyone know how to fix it? Thx

Shove the head of the perpetrator into the toilet and flush it. That should teach him/her/it to not do that again. ^_^
TDD
snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote in

Proteins should dissolve/degrade with lye. Use any Drano-type drain cleaner.
(Your choice, with or without the head of the idiot).
--
Best regards
Han
snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

shut the water to the toilet. flush to empty. fill toilet with vinegar (maybe put some baking soda first. you can buy two gallons of vinegar at costco for under $4.) flush
EXT wrote:

Right.
Buy another container of the powder and experiment with various noxious substances, vinegar and lye are already mentioned, but you might also try Muriatic acid.
You can even call the manufacturer of the substance and ask their advice.
Flush a Waring Blendor, and then the sewer rats can bulk up, start pumping iron, and replace our elected officials?
Buy another container of the powder and experiment with various noxious substances, vinegar and lye are already mentioned, but you might also try Muriatic acid.
You can even call the manufacturer of the substance and ask their advice.
On Sun, 25 Mar 2012 23:18:07 -0400, "Stormin Mormon"

Isn't that what happened in '08?

try very hot water, that can open many clogged toilets
Bob,
Very hot water in a cold toilet may crack it.
Dave M.

i assume the toilet is indoors in a conditioned space, so say 65 degrees
the hot water from a water heater at 120 degrees, and it gets mixed with the room temperature water already in the bowl. which minimizes thermal shock

Hot into a cold bowl will cause what the hot hits to expand against the colder areas, ceramic survies compression very well.
Cold into a HOT bowl will cause the area the cold hits to contract, ceramic does not survive tension, result is a crack.
Thus, the premise that Hot onto Cold is NOT wise, but no where near as damaging as Cold onto Hot.
Similar experiment, take a glass pitcher out of the freeze and pour hot water into it versus take a glass pitcher while very hot out of the dish washer and drop an ice cube into it. The ice cube will probably pop the bottom out of your pitcher.

In 1967 or '68 I was less than careful, and got a very small droplet of a glassware cleaning solution (dichromate in conc H2SO4) in my eye. It hurt like crazy for a few hours, but I was just fine the next day. At the eye clinic in the hospital they told me I was lucky it was acid, not lye, because lye just keeps on eating away dissolving tissue, while acid denatures the proteins and makes a protected covering, more or less. I'll never forget that lesson.
Now why do you think Drano etc is practically pure lye? Indeed, to dissolve hair and grease by eating away and dissolving protein (=hair) and fats. Of course heat helps by liquifying grease and by increasing chemical reactions (generally an increase of ~3-fold for every 10C, 18F).
--
Best regards
Han