Today's question... Duct sealing

I was getting poor airflow to my 2 bedrooms on my top floor. The heating/cooling blower is 2 stories down in the basement. I sealed up every horizontal duct seam I could get to in my basement and it really did help the airflow upstairs. I found I was losing alot of air in the basement ducts before it even got moving along the way to all the registers in the house.

Anyway, should I seal all the returns as well? Would this make my airflow even better?

Reply to
Postal68

Logically it would make your air cleaner because it would force the air to go thru your return filter but I don't believe it would affect air flow.

Reply to
Art

I was up in my attic running some CAT5 cable. It was frightening up there. I really need to buy a couple of rolls of the good tape and do what it takes to crawl around up there and make it right.

Steve

Reply to
Steve B