Toaster

Are there different grades of toasters? Sorry to sound silly. Just for bread? I can't believe my toaster is dying-bread is not even crisp on the high setting. It was cheap but it has lost its oomph (sp?) and some how I thought it would last for ever. We did have an electrical surge recently that popped the microwave and the electric company is paying us for that.. Would it have harmed a plugged in toaster?
Thank you in advance for any information. with aloha, Thunder
smithfarms.com Farmers of 100% Kona Coffee & other Great Stuff
Try abrading the wire connections as they can get degraded, think cleaning battery terminals to get a flashbulb to work. Oxidation?
On Sun, 12 Sep 2004 16:54:28 GMT, smithfarms pure kona

Take a look inside with the toaster on. Are all the elements glowing as they should? While most toasters do last a long time, the elements eventually will burn up.
As for grades, yes, the real cheap ones have thinner elements, larger spacing, thinner materials all around. Most every toast today is made in China. The $220 Dualit is made in England. For $30 to $50 you can get a good one. For $7.50 you can get a cheap one.
Here are higher end toasters for restaurants ranging from $105.00 to $1,361.00. (You get what you pay for...)
http://www.centralrestaurant.com/central/category.cfm?&DID=7&catid 9
"smithfarms pure kona" wrote in message

Ooooh I gotta get the one that requires 3 phase 208v 40a which can produce 740 slices an hour!
says...

==
"HA HA Budys Here" wrote in message

Better get this too...
The SANOVO SP20000 automatic hard-boiled egg-peeling machine offers a capacity of up to 20.000 peeled eggs per hour... http://www.sanovoeng.com/pdf/SP%2020000.pdf
Wow thanks to everyone. I have more information that I needed as I just make two pieces of toast a day <g>, but I am grateful for all the answers and I will certainly be buying a higher quality toaster this week.
with aloha, Cea
smithfarms.com Farmers of 100% Kona Coffee & other Great Stuff
<< Thank you in advance for any information >>
Madam Pele' has put a curse on it. Maybe the power lines run Kona-Hilo. Buy a new one and be repentent. <g>
Joe
Thunder:
SP> Are there different grades of toasters? Sorry to sound silly. Just SP> for bread? I can't believe my toaster is dying-bread is not even SP> crisp on the high setting. It was cheap but it has lost its oomph SP> (sp?) and some how I thought it would last for ever. We did have an SP> electrical surge recently that popped the microwave and the electric SP> company is paying us for that.. Would it have harmed a plugged in SP> toaster? Yup, all sorts of toasters and features out there. A surge can jump the switch, so even if the toaster (and other appliances) was off at the time of the surge it is possible for the surge to have jumped the switch contacts (arc) and zap things.
- barry.martinATthesafebbs.zeppole.com
* Redneck: If you come back from the dump with more than you took
--
RoseReader 2.52 P003186
The Safe BBS Bettendorf, IA 563-359-1971