To the nice people in this ng

Page 1 of 5

I lost it in another thread because I dislike Amart Alecs and those who thrives on attacking others.
Just want to let you know that I appreciate the help I got from nice people.
If anyone can gudie me to a group where I can post a question on Holmes 1 Touch portable heater, I'd appreciate it. I need to post a question on the item I have (see pic below).
http://www.officeworld.com/Worlds-Biggest-Selection/HLSHFH2986U/07Q1 /

You can ask it here. Not a bad looking heater, the same power as most space heaters, but with a small fan and small size. If price is a concern, you can find heaters with the same output for half that price. They may or may not fit your needs.

I got it for $25 at Walmart 3 years ago. Until recently, I didn't use it much - I used to only to take the chill out of the bed sheet for like a VERY short period in winter. I just sleep w/o heater, using many layers of blankets with one being handquilted wool.
But recently, I got creative and got silly I migth add. I placed the unit under the sheet next to me under to give an enclosed environment cus my bedroom is really big, actully, because the room connects to the area where there are closets and basins, preventing em to use any heater ffectively.
(I have recently sealed that connection by putting a styrofaom at night so that I can use oil-filled radiant heater and have the room not cold when I get out of bed in the morning. Also, by keeping the bedroom to the hallway closed and using oil-filled radiant heater, I find that the central heater (via the thermostat from downstairs) can warm the hallway area of upstairs better. This hallway is open to downstairs since the upstairs of the house not for the whole house. I don't know the right words to explain. )
Anyway, I was abusive of this small heater, not waiting for 10 mins before trying to start again when it stops partly because I didn't remember about the tiny print on the back that says to wait for 10 mins when ti stops. (I just saw it when broguth next to my PC for no apparent reason.)
So it stopped working altogether and I wonder whether it's just the wire blowing up. I have a family friend, like a brother, an Electrical Engineer, who will be visiting me in a week or two. I am thinking to ask him to take a look if it is just the wire. This unit has some sort of sensor, right? Could that be that sensor?
I don't want to bother him if it is the sensor that got damaged instead.
wrote in message

You put an electric heater under a sheet. OK. You'd better read every word of the owner's manual that someone else pointed you to. It doesn't matter if it's for a slightly different model, or for yours specifically. Read every word.
I always thought that little tag on the hair dryer cord warning you not to use the product while soaking in the tub was a bit over the top. Now I'm not so sure. =:-0
Cheers, Paul
On Mon, 05 Feb 2007 20:58:51 GMT, "JoeSpareBedroom"

Seen last week on a box of frozen chicken substance from Banquet:
- Bake 50 minutes at 350 degrees.
- Remove from oven carefully. Product will be hot.
No shit?
JoeSpareBedroom wrote:

Better.
A Far Side cartoon showing Vikings attacking a castle. There's arrows, axes, and boiling oil, and catapaults, and fire, and stones. Bodies flying through the air, corpses littering the ground, dead horses. Total mayhem.
On the top run of the foreground scaling ladders, in small type: "Not a Step."
On Mon, 05 Feb 2007 21:17:15 GMT, "JoeSpareBedroom"

I think it will be about 350, and my normal body temp on the outside is 98 or less.
And then there are the ones that tell you to let things cool for a minute, or cookies for 45 minutes, when they are their best when warm.
You have to know what to ignore, too.

Hey, I was testing, okay? It's not liek I put it there and fall asleep. I tuned it off before I sleep. And I wasn't doing it except for a couple of nights when it was too cold. I didn't like to use central heating because I hate getting out of bed to turn it off. if I don't, it gets hot and wake me up in the middle of the night.

You can eliminate that problem with a setback thermostat, for twenty bucks or so at Lowe's or Home Depot. Pays for itself within a month or so, too.
--
Regards,
Optimum night temperature is 64 degrees when you're all snugged under the covers. A setback thermostat could do that for you automatically, and it's usually just a matter of putting the right colored wire to the right spot.
On Feb 5, 7:19 pm, snipped-for-privacy@milmac.com (Doug Miller) wrote:

Why shouldn't it be colder than that?

You guys are talking as if you know w/o asking me how the air distribtuion through the air ducts in this house works. You have NO clue what I had to do to get air (hot or cold) where I need during the day w/o having to do a lot more work.
Of course, you can tell me to get a professional look into fixing ... but like I said, this is not my house and I limit what I would do and how much I will allow myself to be subjected to be cheated by so called A/C person or electrician or plumber or lawn care person or pest control or carpet cleaning people or ...need I say more?.
I deal with it the way I see fit. If I need any suggestion, I will ask *SPECIFICALLY* like I always do.

Good rule of thumb for life: Never forget how little you really know.

Did I say the opposite?

JoeSpareBedroom wrote:

Yup! Good knowledge is how little you know. At least I learned that, LOL! Fixing 3 year old heater by a pro? Time to replace it with new one, IMO. Heater needs air to circulate, never operate it under the blanket on bed. If you leave your bedroom door open during night, your room might be warmer.
Tony Hwang wrote:

Hmmm, And Sounds like you have poor circulation problem. I mean your blood circulation. Not a good thing!

For younger women, a series of beef injections usually helps with circulation.

Younger as in what age range? I have been like this all my life, but was in hot and humid climate. Wearing cotton socks was enough.
If there really is such a thing, I would check into it. After realizing how unproductive I have become int he morning when trying to work in the study room ( faced away from the rising sun) after moving into this hosue, I started wearing cashmere blend leg warmer and it solved the problem. Came from another state (hot and humid) and didn't realize that leg warmer would do the trick though I did get different sweater and jackets and cashmere blend socks.
says...

Oh, jees.
"JoeSpareBedroom", others. C'mon, find somewhere else to get your jollies, OK? Obviously this is someone who just needs a few questions answered. Are there no elders or others in your family needing a bit of extra help (in more ways than one)? Don't you recognize that? Is this what you do about it?
Banty