to seal or not to seal that is the question

Reply to
tom

Okay,

The B & C (that's ball & chain) had me recolor the grout between the kitchen countertop tiles. It was a charcoal and then colored to "sand" and some of the "sand" colorant had worn away leaving a mix of charcoal and "sand" color. I succumbed to the B & C and recolored over the charcoal grout with the "sand" colorant.

Now the big question....

To better protect this colorant, can I use a tile/grout sealant? I have a water based polymer sealer that would work but I'm not sure if it would be wise to use it in this application. The sealer would be more common used on the tiles in the bathroom. What do you think?

Thanks,

DJay

Reply to
djay

At this point I just want the colorant to last! PLUS I could use it as a great excuse to NOT change the color!?

Reply to
djay

Everything I've read indicates that all grout should be sealed, and re-sealed every few years. Next time, maybe try a colored grout sealant like the one from AquaMix.

Take care of both tasks at once :)

-- Jennifer

Reply to
Jennifer

I'm not sure the sealer will add much in the way of physical protection although it might. You should be sealing grout anyway to prevent stains and moisture penetration. Cheers, cc

Reply to
James "Cubby" Culbertson