To Pump or Not to Pump

Page 2 of 2

On Mon 21 Sep 2009 03:23:57p, h told us...

Then we might be able to put it off a while. We're very careful about what goes down our drains. Except for toilet wastes it's virtually all liquids. No grease, no food solids, etc.
--

~~ If there\'s a nit to pick, some nitwit will pick it. ~~

over abundant usage can upset the balance of bacteria in your tank. Other than that you're doing everything right and will probably be good for 10-15 years between services.
Wayne Boatwright wrote:

Yes, unless the tank is dramatically undersized or there are other problems you can put it off for a good LONG while. I built one new home in 1973 and the tank was not pumped until I sold it in 1992 (19 years). Built another new home in 1991/1992 and sold it in 2004 (~12 years) and never pumped it even when I sold it. Two people probably 50% of the time, three 25% of the time, and one the other 25% of the time in the first home and two all the time in the second home. This current (third) home is on a sewer system.
Don