Tips for pigtailing / wirenutting outlets with 12AWG wire

Page 3 of 3
John, I've heard good things about Cabot's. I used it on a cedar fence and it held the natural look longer, but it still turned gray cuz I didn't have a chance to recoat it a year later. Most stains/sealers do need to be reapplied yearly to keep looking good, esp when it sits in the sun a lot. But you may want to look into Cabot's anyway. Mark
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Personally I prefer the kind iof receptables with spots for 2 wires eac side slid in straight and screwed down.
12 ga wire is a pain they should produce bigger boxes
snipped-for-privacy@aol.com posted for all of us... I don't top post - see either inline or at bottom.

Yeah, and you believe faucets are made = by code - to leak. Go away.
--
Tekkie

snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

They do make bigger boxes.
If an electrician needs the space they will use a 4" x 4" x 2 1/8" box with a mud ring, or 4 11/16" x 4 11/16". It is possible to overfill these boxes, but you really have to try. Last I heard, these boxes could also be used by homeowners.
bud--

Home Depot has allowed me to buy them on various occasions. But, they sort of stuffed them into the bag very quickly, as if they were selling alcohol to minors.
I have the 22.5 cu. in. blue plastic boxes from Home Depot. The 18 cu. in. boxes are too small IMO but the 22.5's seem fine.
I don't think there there will be any problem stuffing the 22.5 cu.in. boxes with outlets and 12AWG wire/pigtails....